Wednesday 5 March 2008

W!zz Air Fun


Low cost, high risk, w!zz Air…

Yep, no frills, no expectations (no high expectations, that is).

Once again, our polish (or Hungarian? I never got to understand where the pink company is based) do their best to keep us safe in London while we should be almost in Bucharest. This time they blamed the weather.

They might be aiming at the pink pound (handsome male crew, the females could have been better – i.e. CSA’s). They are aiming at people’s pound nonetheless.

So… let’s start at the beginning… I got to the check-in desk (surprisingly early provided that we almost got lost on the way to the Luton airport) two hours in advance of the departure, but surprise-surprise, bright light into my eyes (which is, by the way, omnipresent as my next-of-seat won’t put the bloody window shadow down) the check-in whatever tells me that due to the unexpected high snow in Bucharest (unexpected my foot, it’s been snowing for a week) we’ll be late 1h 30’. Ok, no problem, I was expecting this (it is a no-frills flight anyway, so maybe they dropped the flying altogether). Then, as I was waiting and waiting (in vane) for the aircraft, I learned that it’s going to be almost 3h late (due to the snow, of course).

You probably know that, when you’re waiting for something or someone, you get bored to tears and the most eccentric thoughts come to mind (like killing an elf, or spray-painting all w!zz ads with green, that sort of stuff). I did none of that; I’m a respectable person (riiight!). The only devious thing that came to me was studying the departure-arrival panels and guess what? W!zz Air flights were late about the same amount of time from Budapest too… soooo… is it snowing in Hungary as well? I soon realised that the departure of the aircrafts due to hideous weather conditions was only restricted to w!zz. Easy Jet was flying a-ok from and to Budapest. Next thing I was expecting was to hear that the low temperatures of Palma de Mallorca finally froze hell over and that was that.

Thanks for bearing with me one more time in my air-borne adventures (at least this time it’s not a virus – pour les connoisseurs).

2 comments :

  1. Mara said...

    O sa fiu si eu curind un wizzinitiat. Asa, sfaturi pentru neofiti? Preferabil nu din cele care fring aripile... ungurii astia :D
    Ar trebui sa-si faca logo cei de la wizz: if patience is not a virtue, a criminal record is provided.

  2. Hefe said...

    He He... si inca nu-s cei mai crunti... I'll always have CSA...